A working re-creation of Leonardo da Vinci’s 15 century ‘Aerial Screw’.
This model uses a bevel gear to spin the canopy and support structure illustrating a way that Leonardo thought flight might be possible.
The canopy and support structure is removable so you can experiment with your own helicopter or wing-type systems.
- Easy to make in about an hour
- Natural, untreated wood from sustainable forests
- All pieces pre-cut and ready to go
- Parts are pegged for extra strength
- Measures 380mm high, 230mm across
- Ages 9+