Our hardwood dowels are produced from timber onsite to the highest standards.
What makes our hardwood dowels different?
- Our dowel rods are prepared on our specialist machine, then sanded to a fine finish
- Our dowelling rods are ready for immediate use.
- Our wooden dowels are machined from one continuous length of timber unlike some of our competitors
- Our dowels are made from sustainably sourced timber
Our reputation is built on product quality and excellent customer service
What woods do we supply?
Hardwoods – Ash, Beech, Cherry, Iroko, Oak, Ramin, Sapele, Sycamore, Tulipwood, Black Walnut
Softwoods – Redwood Pine, Yellow Pine (please note that softwood dowels are bought in and not made on site by us)
What sizes are available?
Diameters available include 6mm, 5/16", 11/32", 9.5mm (3/8"), 12mm (1/2"), 15mm, 18mm, 19mm (3/4"),20mm, 21mm, 7/8", 25mm (1"), 30mm, 35mm, 1 1/2", 45mm, 50mm (2"), 60mm and 76mm (3")
Our dowels are machined and sanded to a tolerance of +/- 0.4mm
We supply lengths at 350mm, 500mm, 1m, 2.4m and 3.2m as standard.
We have tried to provide as many standard dowel sizes as possible and we display our sizes in both imperial and metric.
Please note, smaller diameters are not available in the longer lengths as they are susceptible to breaking
Can’t see what you want? If you require a special length or diameter of wooden dowel please contact us directly.
What are our dowels used for?
- Larger sizes in oak and ash dowels are ideal for use as curtain rails, flag poles or to suspend banners from.
- Medium diameters are ideal for furniture making and restoration.
- Smaller wooden dowels are perfect for cake dowels, wedding ribbon wands, dowel joints, school projects and arrow dowelling.
The list of uses is limited only by your imagination...
If you wish to buy wholesale wooden dowels from us, please get in touch for a quote.