Terms & Conditions
Making a purchase
- Why do I need to register my details on your site?
If you buy something on this site, when you enter your billing and address details you will be asked for a user name and password. Returning customers simply need to log in with their username and password and all their details would be pre-filled at the checkout. Alternatively you could manually enter the necessary details again. When registering your details on our site you are giving your consent for us to send you occasional newsletters and offers. If you wish to opt out of our mailing list please advise us when registering your details on our site. When you subscribe we will not bombard you with marketing messages, nor will we share your information with any other parties. You are free to unsubscribe from our email list at any time by clicking the appropriate link in our email.
- When you place an order to purchase a product from toolsandtimber.co.uk, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we process and package your order in our shop. That acceptance (and contractual obligaiton) will be complete at the time we send your items via our courier or royal mail. Should any items from the order be unavailable, you will be made aware prior to the order being processed, either by email or telephone call. Items which we have not dispatched do not form part of that contract.
- Whilst we make every effort to ensure that prices are correct we reserve the right to cancel any orders which are placed for items which are incorrectly priced on our website. In these cases we will contact you prior to dispatch to see whether you want to cancel or not.
- How can I pay?
We accept all major credit, debit card and Paypal payments, details of which can be entered at the end of the checkout process.
Cards accepted are Master Card, Master Card Debit, Visa, Maestro, Switch, Solo, Delta, Purchasing, and Electron.
- Will my payment be secure?
At G & S Specialist Timber we take security very seriously. We are PCI-DSS compliant and the secure connection to our payment gateway encrypts all your personal information including credit or debit card details.
- How much will delivery cost to my area and how long will it take to arrive?
Please see our delivery page
- What if I am out when my delivery arrives?
Most orders will require a signature upon delivery however anyone at the specified delivery address can sign for the goods.
- Can you deliver to an address other than my billing address?
We can deliver to an alternative address however for security reasons, however we may need to deliver to your home address on your first order, this decision is at our discretion.
- Can you deliver outside the UK?
We are currently unable to offer shipping outside of UK mainland, we hope to be able to offer this again soon.
- What happens if my goods are damaged on delivery?
When you receive your order you will be asked by the carrier to sign the delivery note. If you notice the parcel is damaged please take the following action: - Open the parcel and check that the goods are not damaged. If no damage has occurred sign the delivery note and write, “damaged parcel”. Keep any documentation in case you later find damage to the goods enclosed. - If you do find that the goods are damaged please write on the delivery note “damaged goods”. If you cannot inspect the goods with the delivery driver present please write on the delivery slip “damaged parcel- goods not inspected” and keep any documentation. - In either event we (G & S Specialist Timber) will have more chance of making a case for compensation from the carrier. If you do find that goods are damaged, please contact us by telephone or email quoting your order number and we will take measures to get the goods returned. Once we have the returned goods we will forward your original order. We need to be notified within 48 hours if a damage has occurred during the delivery.
- What happens if my goods are faulty or incorrect?
We will replace any faulty / incorrect or damaged goods or give a full refund. Before you return goods please email us with your order number and a photograph of the damage so that we are aware of the problem and can decide the best course of action to take. If you cannot email us please telephone and quote your order number. We cannot accept timber or woodturning/ carving blanks if work has taken place on them. However do get in touch if you are not fully satisfied. Any faulty goods must be returned to us before we send replacements or a refund. If we have sent an incorrect item we will arrange for a collection to be made, once we have received the incorrect item back we will send the replacement for you.
- What if I want to cancel my order?
Your right to return goods is protected under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. You can cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after receiving the goods. Please get in touch with us first by telephone or email and quote your order number (this will be on your order form and receipt). All we ask is that returned goods are in the original packaging, including any instructions guarantees etc, and in original condition (not used). Otherwise we may charge for handling/ re packaging. We will issue a credit or refund for the full purchase price within 14 days from the day that we receive the returned goods, however we cannot refund the postage.
Some items have a manufacturers security seal on the wrapping, on a DVD for example, if the seal is broken the item cannot be re-sold and we cannot accept the goods back.
- We cannot accept cancellations or returns for all rough sawn, planed all round, skirting board, window boards and door casings as they are machined to order, we can also not accept returns or cancellations for the Little Greene Paint as it is mixed to order.
G&S Specialist timber is a trading division of the Alpaca Centre Ltd.