Terms & Conditions
Making a purchase
- Why do I need to register my details on your site?
If you buy something on this site, when you enter your billing and address details you will be asked for a user name and password. Returning customers simply need to log in with their username and password and all their details would be pre-filled at the checkout. Alternatively you could manually enter the necessary details again. When registering your details on our site you are giving your consent for us to send you occasional newsletters and offers. If you wish to opt out of our mailing list please advise us when registering your details on our site. When you subscribe we will not bombard you with marketing messages, nor will we share your information with any other parties. You are free to unsubscribe from our email list at any time by clicking the appropriate link in our email.
- When you place an order to purchase a product from toolsandtimber.co.uk, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we process and package your order in our shop. That acceptance (and contractual obligaiton) will be complete at the time we send your items via our courier or royal mail. Should any items from the order be unavailable, you will be made aware prior to the order being processed, either by email or telephone call. Items which we have not dispatched do not form part of that contract.
- Whilst we make every effort to ensure that prices are correct we reserve the right to cancel any orders which are placed for items which are incorrectly priced on our website. In these cases we will contact you prior to dispatch to see whether you want to cancel or not.
- How can I pay?
We accept all major credit and debit card payments, details of which can be entered at the end of the checkout process.
Master Card, Master Card Debit, Visa, Maestro, Switch, Solo, Delta, Purchasing, and Electron.
However if you prefer, orders can be taken by telephone using your card details on our sales line 01768 891445.
- Will my payment be secure?
At G & S Specialist Timber we take security very seriously. Our secure server software encrypts all your personnel information including credit or debit card details.
- How much will delivery cost to my area and how long will it take to arrive?
Please see our delivery page
- What if I am out when my delivery arrives?
Most orders will require a signature upon delivery however anyone at the specified delivery address can sign for the goods.
- Can you deliver to an address other than my billing address?
We can deliver to an alternative address however for security reasons, however we may need to deliver to your home address on your first order, this decision is at our discretion.
- Can you deliver outside the UK?
We will be pleased to forward product outside the UK. When you have completed your order you will be asked to fill in the customer details including Country. Initially your order will be put on hold and treated as an enquiry. We will work out the shipping cost and delivery time and then forward these details to you by e mail or by telephone. We will only process your order when you confirm that you accept the shipping charge. Countries outside the EU have their own customs charges. If any customs or import charges are levied when goods reaches the destination country these charges must be paid by the recipient, as we have no control over such charges. For further information please contact your customs authority. UK Value Added Tax will be deducted from your bill.
- What happens if my goods are damaged on delivery?
When you receive your order you will be asked by the carrier to sign the delivery note. If you notice the parcel is damaged please take the following action: - Open the parcel and check that the goods are not damaged. If no damage has occurred sign the delivery note and write, “damaged parcel”. Keep any documentation in case you later find damage to the goods enclosed. - If you do find that the goods are damaged please write on the delivery note “damaged goods”. If you cannot inspect the goods with the delivery driver present please write on the delivery slip “damaged parcel- goods not inspected” and keep any documentation. - In either event we (G & S Specialist Timber) will have more chance of making a case for compensation from the carrier. If you do find that goods are damaged, please contact us by telephone or email quoting your order number and we will take measures to get the goods returned. Once we have the returned goods we will forward your original order.
- What happens if my goods are faulty?
We will replace any faulty or damaged goods or give a full refund. Before you return goods please email us with your order number and a photograph of the damage so that we are aware of the problem and can decide the best course of action to take. If you cannot email us please telephone and quote your order number. We cannot accept timber or woodturning/ carving blanks if work has taken place on them. However do get in touch if you are not fully satisfied. Any faulty goods must be returned to us before we send replacements or a refund.
- What if I want to cancel my order?
Your right to return goods is protected under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. You can cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after receiving the goods. Please get in touch with us first by telephone or email and quote your order number (this will be on your order form and receipt). All we ask is that returned goods are in the original packaging, including any instructions guarantees etc, and in original condition (not used). Otherwise we may charge for handling/ re packaging. We will issue a credit or refund for the full purchase price within 14 days from the day that we receive the returned goods, however we cannot refund the postage.
Some items have a manufacturers security seal on the wrapping, on a DVD for example, if the seal is broken the item cannot be re-sold and we cannot accept the goods back.
- We cannot accept cancellations for paint as this is mixed specifically for your order.
If, for any reason, you are not happy with our service and we cannot resolve issues between us, you can choose to settle the dispute out-of-court through an Alternative Dispute Resolution or Online Dispute Resolution (ADR / ODR) procedure.
Resolving disputes through ADR/ODR, in general, is easier, faster and less expensive than resolving disputes before a court.