Chestnut Shellac Sanding Sealer
Chestnut Products Shellac Sanding Sealer is ideal for use on most timbers and on most interior applications including joinery and lathe work. Its use will give a higher build, increased gloss and a more hardwearing finish to your final coat. It is an excellent traditional basecoat for friction and French polishes and waxes. Use to seal the open pores of wood before applying a finish coat. It can be left as topcoat if required for a low sheen finish but it is not hardwearing. It is particularly useful when working on large areas (cabinetwork etc) when a large area is to be covered.
- Apply by brush, cloth or spray.
- Dry within 20 minutes under normal conditions
- Can be used under Friction Polish, French Polish and Waxes.
- Covers approximately 6010m2 per liter
- Conforms to EN71 for use on toys.
Do not over-brush as this can cause most of the sealing compound to collect at one end. Lightly sand once dry for a silky smooth finish.
Highly Flammable (seeSafety Data Sheet or warnings on can for full details).