Flying Dragon Wooden Kit
Automata are whimsical mechanical toys that have a cool, life-like movement when their crank is turned. This dragon flaps its wings, kicks its legs up and down, while the head, neck, and tail move in a graceful motion as it soars through the sky.
Dragons have long captured the imagination of people around the world. In early legends with the likes of Typhon, the deadliest monster of Greek mythology, to the modern-day dragons lie Saphira from Eragon, Smaug in The Hobbit, we have loved and reviled dragons for their loyalty and fierceness. This automaton brings centuries of dragon lore to life in a cool 3D moving model.
Designed for children of all ages to explore the principles of mechanics, get some hands-on model-making skills, and celebrate the wild spirit of the airborne dragon.
- Great educational kit to celebrate the year of the dragon or as a desktop accessory.
- All pieces are pre-cut and ready to go, only a ruler and scissors required
- Easy to make in an hour or two by beginner model-makers
- Natural, untreated wood and plywood
- Finished size: 37cm x 37cm x 42cm high
- Ages 8+