Veritas Woodcarvers Screw
Another great innovation from Veritas. The carver's screw is made from solid brass bar. The thread that locates in the workpiece is slightly tapered and deeply cut. Work can be removed and replaced many times without the danger of tearout occuring. The body is hexagonal allowing it to be securely clamped in a vice, or the screw tightened using a spanner. The large moulded knob is fitted with a low friction brass insert. At 125mm long overall it can be used through benches up to 95mm thick via a 13mm hole.
- Carver's Screw with many unique design features:
- Tapered tip is easily started in a pre-drilled 8mm hole
- The farther you turn it in, the tighter the grip
- Specially cut high-profile threads that will not pull out of the workpiece
- Hex shank is convenient for use with a spanner or gripped in a vice