Osmo UV-Protection-Oil Extra is a satin-matt, clear finish for exterior. It is based on natural oils, is microporous, and does not crack, flake, peel or blister.When used as a final finish after staining wood, Osmo UV-Protection-Oil Extra prolongs the renovation time significantly.
- Optimal protection from the sun - the first clear oil-based UV-protection for exterior use!
- Clear or pigmented in Oak, satin-matt for exterior use
- Especially recommended for vertical surfaces such as timber cladding, windows and doors
- Prolongs the renovation time significantly when used as a top coat for staining wood
- Contains active ingredients for the preventative protection against algae and fungal decay
- As a stand-alone finish it blocks the greying process by UV-Protection factor 12 in comparison to untreated wood
- 1 litre covers approx 24 m2 with 1 coat
- 2 coats on raw wood, 1 coat for surface renewal - no sanding necessary!
*Timber must be weathered prior to application to exotic wood species such as Mahogany, Sapele, Rosewood, Wenge etc
As a stand alone finish, with two coats, it prolongs the greying process on vertical surfaces by UV-Protection factor 12 in comparison to untreated wood. The finish contains active ingredients which protect it from mould, algae and fungal attack. Easy to renew, no sanding or primer necessary. Easy to apply, will not dry during application.
For all vertical exterior woods (dimensionally and non-dimensionally stable): doors, windows and windowsills, carports, timber cladding, balcony, screens & fences, pergolas, garden houses and furniture. It is also suitable for bamboo.
Osmo UV-Protection-Oil Extra is based on natural vegetable oils. Natural oils penetrate deeply into the wood, keeping it elastic and healthy, and preventing it from drying and becoming brittle. The wood is allowed to breathe. Moisture can evaporate. Shrinking and swelling are reduced.