Sugru is the incredible new self-setting rubber for fixing and improving your gadgets and tools, and making them work better for you. Fix everything from your trainers to your dishwasher, make ergonomic grips on tools and kitchen knives, make colourful rubber bumpers on your phone to make it bounce, stop sharp objects from scratching your furniture… and hundreds of other awesome uses too!
Out of the pack, Sugru feels like play dough, and it's that easy to use too - it can be formed by hand or with simple tools. It bonds to almost anything and turns into a strong, flexible silicone rubber overnight. That makes it perfect for fixes that need to stay flexible and waterproof. Once cured, its durable properties mean it's comfortable in extreme environments from the dishwasher to the ocean to Antarctica.
Sugru is designed to stick to as many other materials as possible including aluminum, steel, ceramics, glass, wood, Perspex and ABS plastic (such as Lego bricks) and rubbers like silicone and butyl rubber. As Sugru is a silicone rubber, it feels soft to touch when it has cured, and is also grippy. This makes it perfect for handles, grips, pads and flexible waterproof repairs. Once cured, in most cases, you can remove Sugru with a sharp knife and then remove residue with tissue paper.
Some uses of Sugru:
- Repair and strengthen damaged cables
- Add rubber feet to products to prevent them scratching furniture
- Make comfier grips on tools and kitchen implements
- Repair a broken fridge or freezer door
- Rebuild missing knobs, buttons and saucepan lid handles
- Repair your favourite mug
- Make rubber bumpers on sharp corners to make them safer
- Smooth out rough areas inside a shoe that's uncomfortable
- Patch up leaky shoes and boots (upper not sole)
- Mount components semi-permanently e.g. webcam / microphones / wires / switches
- Repair favourite sunglasses or make them comfier
- Repair tears in goretex or neoprene